Link to RefinanceLink to Student DebtLink to Credit Card DebtLink to Tax DebtLink to Morgage DebtLink to Medical Debt

Some Guidelines for Dealing With Tax Debt

Many individuals are plagued by tax debt. The accumulation of tax debt can be very stressful but rest assured there are tax debt professionals available if you feel you cannot attack the debt yourself. Many companies provide tax assistance, and solely specialize in tax assistance so they are skilled in getting the IRS off your back. Below are some general steps or guidelines to help you get out of tax debt.

Be proactive in trying to resolve your tax debt: Get Help or Help Yourself

This step is an obvious no-brainer to many. Contrastingly, many individuals who are smothered in tax debt feel hopeless and almost act as if the problem will go away by itself. The fact that you are reading this article is a step in the right direction because it shows you are being proactive. If you know you need to connect with a tax debt professional right away click here and fill out the form free of charge. Within 24-48 hours, tax debt experts will compete for your business. However, if you think you can handle the tax debt yourself then do so. Realize though that inaction will only make the situation worse, and interest will keep adding up. Reaching out to a tax professional is recommended if you are more then $10,000 dollars in tax debt. If you have less then $10,000 in debt read the article "5 Methods To Get Out Of Tax Debt."

Look over your tax returns for missed deductions

If you decide to take on your tax debt yourself, make sure you analyze your tax return for potential deductions you have might have overlooked. When you resubmit any deductions or changes, this is called Amending the Return. If you can find some deductions, then you can most likely lower the total amount of taxes you owe. However, sometimes hiring a tax professional is the best way to go because Amending a return usually requires a lot of paperwork and supporting documentation. Therefore, you are better off hiring a tax professional who can help you submit the detailed paperwork so you don't get audited.

Make sure if you hire a tax professional that they are qualified to help you

Many companies out there can claim to be Tax professionals but be sure to ask what type of tax professionals they are. Only tax attorneys, Enrolled Agents (licensed by the US Department of Treasury), and CPAs (Certified Public Accountants) are qualified to help you with your tax debt problems. Realize that some attorneys and CPAs need to be licensed in your state to help you, whereas Enrolled Agents can work anywhere in the United States.

If you use a tax professional make sure they compete for your business

Tax debt experts will charge different fees for helping you and the fees can vary by how much help you actually need. Some professionals will charge you a flat fee; some will charge you by the hour. The best thing to do, is fill out the form here and have companies compete for your business free of charge. Get a few quotes and then go with the company you feel can help you the best.

Here is a link to get started today monitoring your credit with Experian who can inexpensively provide you with credit monitoring from all three credit agencies, along with credit alert changes, identity theft insurance, real time access to your credit reports, and unmatched customer service.

Related Articles: